Please see below this for Forest Friends termly activities.
Forest Friends offers a unique educational experience using the outdoor environment of the forest as a classroom. In our version of Forest School our Yr1 and Yr2 children get the chance to experience their learning in the forests natural environment. In the summer term the Reception children will be joining in the adventure at Forest Friends.
- At Forest Friends we learn to be a team member, looking after and helping our team mates.
- When climbing trees we increase our physical stamina and gross motor skills.
- We develop an interest in our natural surroundings and have respect for the environment.
- Fascination creates an enquiring mind.
- At Forest Friends we have the freedom, time and space to learn and demonstrate independence.
- We become ‘Team Player’s’, through team building activities such as helping our team mates negotiate obstacles, hauling wood and den building.
- In the woods we find out how recent rainfall can affect our environment and safety.
- At Forest Friends our language development is prompted by our sensory experiences.